How to Plan a Stress-Free Move to Springboro
Let's face it—packing up all of your belongings and moving to a new home is no walk in the park! There's so much you have to do to prepare, and it's easy to feel overwhelmed...especially when moving day is just around the corner. Luckily, I have a few tips that will make the transition to your new home easy and stress-free!
Organize and declutter
As soon as you know you're going to be moving, it's time to start reorganizing and decluttering your current home. Don't be afraid to throw away, donate, or sell the things you don't use. Remember—the more you get rid of now, the less you have to pack later.
Lighten the load
Once you've decided what you no longer need, you have to actually get rid of it! Consider donating your gently used items to local charities or sell your belongings online using platforms like Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.
Change your address
You'll need to forward your mail and change your address ahead of time—it can take the post office a few weeks to actually process the request.
Handy Packing Tips
- Reinforce: Make sure you use good quality, reinforced boxes. For extra padding, try using bubble wrap or old t-shirts.
- Innovate: To protect dishes and glassware, pack them vertically instead of flat and stacked. This will prevent cracking and breakage.
- Pack small: Pack up your heavier items in small boxes so they're easier to carry.
- Prevent damage: To protect your furniture (particularly if it's made out of wood), wrap each piece in heavy duty cling wrap. It's the easiest way to prevent scratches!
- Prepare: Create an "Open Me First" box that will stay with you throughout the move. This should contain personal items, toiletries, tools, cleaning supplies, and anything else you'll need right when you arrive at your new place.
- Label, label, label! To make the unloading and unpacking process easier, label all of your boxes by room. For an added level of convenience, consider color coding them, too.
Keep important info
There are certain items that should NEVER go on the moving truck. First aid supplies, medication, financial and medical records, IDs, and valuables should always stay with you throughout the move.
Take an overnight bag
Whether you're planning a hotel stay before you move or make it to your new house before the moving truck, you'll want to pack a bag of essentials to hold you over. Don't forget a change of clothes, toiletries, and a phone charger!
Have phone numbers handy
Keep your mover's contact information on hand in case you need to get in touch. If you signed any contracts with your mover, you should have those with you, too.
Until you move again, your new home will never be this empty...or easy to clean. Take the opportunity to scrub down your space before unpacking, or hire a pro to help you out.
Unpack by room
Unpacking your entire home may seem overwhelming, but this is where those labels will come in handy! Sort your boxes by room and unpack one space at a time. This will make the process much more manageable.
Enjoy your new home!
Throughout the chaos of moving, don't forget to take some time to yourself and enjoy your new home. Your new adventure is just beginning!
Ready to Plan Your Move to Springboro?
Whether you're just beginning your search or are already packing up your home, you can trust me with all of your Springboro real estate needs! I have what it takes to help you navigate the entire buying process from start to finish, so drop me a line if you have any questions—I'd be happy to answer them!