Our $500 flat fee listing is what we refer to as our “Equity Preservation Plan.” This is a strategic option for homeowners who are willing to put in a bit more effort in order to sell their home with less expense. This is the best option for a For Sale By Owner (FSBO) listing to get advertised on the MLS without having to pay a Realtor those outlandish commissions that are so common.
Flat fee listings are effective because of the power of the internet and the power of the MLS. Almost all buyers find their homes through the Internet now. Our flat fee listings will make sure that your listing shows up on over 200 top real estate websites within 48 hours. But as you will see below, we are much more than just a home listing service.
We're Not Another "Cheesy-Looking" Listing Company
Have you noticed that many of the flat fee listing companies have a tendency to look "cheesy" and unprofessional? Well, we take our reputation and your reputation seriously, so we will give you first-class signs and branding on the internet so that your listing will look as professional as a full service listing.
As a matter of fact, we will set your listing up so that it will look identical to the full listings, and consumers will not even be able to tell the difference. And you won't have to worry about sticking a silly-looking sign in your yard by a company that does not understand marketing and design. Our signs will allow you to proudly announce that your home is for sale to all who see your home. We have worked hard to become the best for sale by owner flat fee listing service in the greater Dayton Area!
FAQs About FSBO & Flat Fee Listing Services
Q. On Which Websites Will My Listing Appear?
A. Your listing will appear on every major real estate website including ...
- Bullet point
... for a total of over 200 websites ... within 24 hours!
(Note, some MLS Boards are currently in dispute with Zillow, and so they do not allow Zillow to automatically access their listings. Contact us directly if you would like more information about a specific MLS Board. In situations where Zillow is blocked, we cannot guarantee that your listing will be carried as an "active" listing on Zillow. In that situation, you will need to post it directly as a For Sale By Owner on their site. We will continue to do all we can to provide work-arounds.)
Q. In Which States Will My Listing Appear?
A. Since we are licensed in Ohio, we have the ability to list your home directly anywhere in this state. Our top Ohio cities include Cincinnati, Mason, Waynesville, Springboro, Centerville, Miamisburg, Lebanon, Dayton — including the surrounding areas of each of these cities. The primary MLS services where we do the most business are the MLS of Greater Cincinnati, Dayton Area MLS.
Additionally, we are members of several boards of Realtors including the Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors (CABR), the Dayton Area Board of Realtors (DABR), the Northern Kentucky Association of Realtors (NKAR), the Hamilton-Fairfield-Oxford Board of Realtors (HFOBOR), the Columbus Realtors, the Ohio Association of Realtors, and the National Association of Realtors.
Q. What Listing Services Do You Offer?
A. We can give you the best flat fee listing in Ohio because we will give you more than any of the other brokerages. With our Flat Fee Listing, we charge an upfront fee of just $500 and give you the following services:
- We will get your home listing uploaded to the MLS for exposure to the entire Internet marketplace.
- We will provide you with a professionally-designed sign and lockbox.
- We will upload all your photos you would like for publishing on the MLS (Limit of 25).
- We will provide PDF spec-sheets generated through your MLS listing for you to provide to potential buyers.
- We will provide you with contracts, addendums, and other legal forms you will need along the way.
- We will give you professional coaching along the way to help you sell your home.
- We will set you up in an automated showing system so agent showing requests will all come to you via an app we will send you for your smart phone. This app also allows you to track showings and feedback.
- We will get feedback for you for every single showing that takes place on your home.
Note: You may convert a Flat Fee Listing over to a Full-Blown Marketing Plan at any time. Your flat fee of $500 will simply be deducted from our end commission.
Q. How Does Your Flat Fee Listing Service Work?
A. Our flat fee listing agreements are normally set up to be 6-month listings. However, we are flexible on this, and you can set that time according to your own needs/interests. All contracts may be canceled at any time by the client with no penalty.
Your flat fee listing will be completely automated. Agents will schedule showings for your home through an online showing link that is available only for licensed agents. Once they submit the request, you will be notified by way of text message/email of the showing request. You can accept the request by replying with a "y" or you can decline the request by replying with an "n." It's that simple.
We set flat fee listings up with a 3% commission to be paid to a buyers’ agent (if applicable) in order to prevent you from getting “black-listed” by buyer’s agents.
Q. Can I Get Feedback From Showings?
A. Have you ever listed your home but then never heard feedback for the showings that have taken place on your home? We know that can be unnerving to have a Realtor who fails to get that valuable feedback. That is why we have an automated system for ensuring you get real feedback for every single showing. Our system automatically sends the showing agent a feedback request within an hour after they show your home. Then, the system automatically sends a follow-up feedback request every single day until they take the time to fill out the feedback form. This ensures that you will get a response.
Q. How Will My Listing Get Exposure?
A. With our Full-Blown Marketing Plan, our objective is to create a Marketing Engine that aggressively drive the sale of your home as quickly as possible and with as high of pricing as possible. Selling your home quickly and making you a large profit are our two key areas of focus.
Here’s how we do it:
- Active Marketing rather than Passive Marketing. We have a specific plan of action with the focus of aggressively seeking out buyers, bringing them through your home, and then working to close them on buying your home. Sitting by the phone is no way to sell a home!
- “Owning the Internet!” Nearly 9 out of 10 homebuyers utilize the Internet in their search for a new home. Unfortunately, many Realtors today are behind the times when it comes to marketing through the Internet. To market in today’s culture, we must “own the Internet!”
Q. What Else Can I Do To Ensure My Home Sells?
A. Make sure everything looks as fresh and new as possible, inside and out.
- Use neutral colors throughout.
- Get rid of wall papers and borders.
- Pack up half of everything that you have in your closets and put it in storage.
- Clear off tables, end tables, counters, mantles, and your refrigerator from anything that's not necessary.
- When cleaning your home for a showing, think "hotel-room-clean."
- Get rid of any signs of pets such as hair or smells.
- Be sure to stay away from the home during showings.
Q. Will You Charge Me Any "Add-Ons"?
A. While other flat fee listing companies will try to nickel and dime you with a list of "add-ons" to the initial price, we have committed to giving you everything in you need in one simple package. We do not charge for changes to your listing, adding pictures, or scheduling open houses in the MLS. You get all of that for FREE with Plum Tree!
Q. How Do I Price My FSBO Home?
A. Most people seem to price their home just below key price breaks with numbers like $199,900 or $249,900 or $299,900. We do not recommend this approach. We recommend pricing your home directly on the major price points so that your home will show up in multiple price point searches as buyers are looking for homes.
For instance, people do searches for homes from $275,000-$300,000 and searches from $300,000-$325,000. A house that is priced at $300,000 exactly will then show up in both searches. If a house is listed at $299,999, it will not show up in the search for homes of $300,000 and above even though it is just $1 below that price point. This is one of the most important strategies for pricing your home correctly.
We also suggest pricing your home low and then negotiating less once you get an offer. The key is to price your home at the point where you are getting regular showings and contracts.
Q. Can I Get Help Once My Home Is Under Contract?
Many have asked if there is a way for us to help them once they get a contract on their home, so we have developed a "Contract-to-Closing Package" for just this need. For an additional $500, Plum Tree Realty will manage the process of the purchase of your home which will include the following activities:
- >Assist with negotiations of purchase price, concessions, and details of the purchase.
- Hold earnest money in a non-interest-bearing trust account until closing.
- Manage inspection process to ensure they are performed in an expeditious manner. Once inspection results are returned, we will help with any further negotiations that may arise following the inspections.
- Work with lender to make sure financing is continuously moving forward.
- Ensure appraisals are ordered and performed in a timely manner.
- Ensure title work is ordered and performed in a timely manner.
- Schedule closing in a time and place that is convenient for all parties.
- Manage all contracts, addenda, and disclosures to make sure all documents conform to the Laws of the State of Ohio.
- Provide professional advice all along the way to the closing table.
The cost for this service is $500 and is paid at any point during the listing process that the homeowners feel the desire to add this package. We set flat fee listings up with a 3% commission to be paid to a buyers’ agent (if applicable) in order to prevent you from getting “black-listed” by buyer’s agents.
Q. Why Choose Our Flat Fee MLS Listing Service?
A. Our goal has been to become the #1 discount real estate broker in Ohio. We are the best alternative to ForSaleByOwner.com, MLSmyHome.com, and Ohio Broker Direct. We have consistently achieved the very highest flat fee MLS listing reviews for our outstanding service! We are proud to be the leading discount MLS listing service in Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky, in particular! Our strongest markets are Cincinnati, Dayton.
So, if you're asking questions like,
- "How can I sell my home without paying a realtor commission?"
- "How can I get my home listed on the MLS?"
- "How can I sell my home without a Realtor?"
- "How can I get a cheap MLS listing?"
- "How can I list my home without a Realtor?"
... then you need to give us a call. We can help you! A Self MLS Listing can be a great way to sell your home without spending a lot of money. If you'd like more information, contact William J. Furlong right away!